Help GarudaNepal to complete the rebuilding of 4 schools
Dear friends of Nepal,
Travelers in the Himalayas, you probably remember the prayer flags that hang on bridges, gorges houses an temples, and carry in space wishes of the people.
Following the earthquake that devastated Nepal in April 2015, and thanks to your spontaneous donations, Garudanepal.org, a Nepalese association under the umbrella of Base Camp Trek undertook emergency distributions and then started the reconstruction of 4 schools in Nepal.
After nearly 3 years of efforts:
- 3 primary schools in Kavre district have been inaugurated even though one of them still need painting and electricity. We need puzzles, children books and educational games, second hand.
- Gairimudi secondary school (13 classes) : walls are finished. We need financial help to complete the roof (carpentry and slates). We hope to open the school to the children by April 2018.
- All the donations have been fully invested in the rebuilding, thanks to rigorous management.
- Rather than soliciting outside contractors, we preferred to employ villagers: they received good wages, unexpected in these remote areas allowing them to rebuild their own homes
- They learned seismic reconstruction techniques that will allow them to work for others. They will all receive a certificate which is for them a real bonus.
- Nicole Decourrière provided the schools with teacher training.
- A lively school also helps to keep families in the village, offers a meeting place for village associations, especially women and curbs the rural exodus to the Gulf countries ...
In short, we are proud of the work accomplished and grateful for your support. But today we must call again for funds to complete the project. Today we still need 30 000 € to complete this project.
As prayer flags form a solidarity chain and send wishes in the wind, we still need your solidarity so that flags might again protect the children of these villages and help them realize their wishes. a better life that, of course.
For any modest financial contribution, you will receive a set of prayer flags as an auspicious sign of solidarity
Thank you for your support on behalf of all the teams who participated in this great project,
To receive your set of prayer flags contact us by email at email@example.com or via the website www.garudanepal.org by mentioning your postal address
With any donation you will receive a tax exemption receipt
Nepal from East to West
In 2017, the third edition of the Great Himal Race took place between April and May, crossing the Nepalese Himalayas from East to West. The departure was given at KangchenJungna Base Camp on the Darjeeling border. The trail crossed Arun, Langtang, and Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, Annapurnas, Mustang and Dolpo to reach via Humla Valley, Hilsa, the last village on the western border of Nepal.
45 days, 315 h running hours, 1800 km, 7 passes above 5000 m, more than + 90 000 m…
It was organized by a group of French runners, Chevaliers du Vent, which organizes trails in the Himalayas with the Base Camp Trek for more than 15 years. Some have become classics like the Annapurna Mandala Trail or the Everest Sky Race and today the Great Himal Race.
For more info, you can contact us, and visit the site www.leschevaliersduvent.fr